SUGS Application Deadlines
Before you apply:
- Make an appointment with Tara McQueen (email@example.com), Master’s/SGUS Academic Advisor/Counselor, to discuss this program and ensure that it fits your career goals and plans. A student may also be referred to a faculty graduate advisor for further services.
- Fill out the Rackham Graduate School online application. Type “SUGS 01551” in the subplan section.
You’ll need to provide:
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Purpose
- Names and email addresses for 3 three faculty who’ll write letters of recommendation
- Application processing fee
General Record Exam (GRE) scores are not required.
Admission is not automatic. Biomedical Engineering faculty will review your application. Your statement of purpose, personal statement, and letters of recommendation are important parts of the admission decision.
The SUGS program is open to students in any of the following undergraduate programs:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cellular Molecular Biology: Biomedical Engineering Joint degree (CMB:BME)
- Cellular Molecular Biology Studies (CMBS)
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Industrial and Operations Engineering
- Material Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences
Senior standing (85+ hours)
GPA of 3.2 or above (strictly enforced)
Biology 172 or 174, or AP biology credit for Biology 195
One Advanced Biology or Chemistry course* (ex, Microbiology, Immunology, Genetics, Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry).*For students in Biomedical Engineering BiomedE 221, 418, or 419 will fulfill this requirement.
GRE scores are not required for admission to the SUGS program or Biomedical Engineering M.S.E. and Ph.D. programs.
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is waived for students who have already taken it.