David Nordsletten, Anjali Shankar Receive EBS Honors

The EBS is a cooperative program developed by former Medical School Dean, Allen Lichter, and the Chairs and Directors of the participating units. 

Congratulations to David Nordsletten, Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering and Cardiac Surgery, for receiving the (EBS) Endowment for Basic Science 2024 Teaching Award, representing BME. “I am honored to receive a EBS Teaching Award and would also like to share this acknowledgement with all of our fantastic BME faculty, graduate students and Center for Research on Learning and Teaching (CRLT) team who made the Inclusive Teaching (IT-BME) program a success,” he said.

Congratulations also to Anjali Shankar, who received the EBS Research Staff Award. Shankar was nominated by Anne Draelos, Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering and Computational Medicine & Bioinformatics and a Michigan Neuroscience Institute Affiliate. “Anjali is a Research Lab Specialist Associate in my lab,” Dr. Draelos said. “She is always thinking ahead, is very conscientious, and that foresight and initiative is what led me to nominate her for this award. Anjali is a positive and energetic researcher, and mentor to the lab students, and is an extremely great person to have in my lab — I am very thankful for her!” The awards were presented Tuesday afternoon.