Three state-of-the-art facilities
Research and Education on North Campus
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Biomedical Engineering Building: A new 20,000 square-foot open floor plan building featuring a "wall of windows" with views to the outdoors.
- LBME 3D Fab Lab: The BME3DFL contains several commercial-grade printers for use by BME students, staff, and faculty. The goal of the lab is to provide the BME community with access to 3D printers and experience with additive manufacturing. The lab has a small staff to assist you with your projects, but is designed as an experiential space where users take responsibility for their prints.
- Carl A. Gerstacker Building: A smaller space featuring high-tech ultrasonic imaging; nano- and micro-molecular biotechnology, and bio-fluid mechanics labs working on an artificial lung.
- Functional and In-Vivo MRI Labs: Houses a state-of-the-art 3T whole-body fMRI scanner and a 7T small-bore MRI system for cognitive and clinical neuroscience as well as MRI methods and basic biomedical research.
In addition to these core facilities, BME researchers have access to facilities we share with the College of Engineering and Medical School. Shared resources include: fully equipped tissue culture facilities; small animal facilities with holding and procedure areas; access to multiple microscopy systems, such as confocal and TIRF instruments. The Michigan Nanofabrication Facility, one of the best university facilities in the country for the design and manufacture of microelectronic circuits, is used extensively for implantable biosensor transducers and bioMEMS devices.
- The Center for Advanced Computing
- Center for Ergonomics
- The Center for Ultrafast Optical Science (CUOS)
- Electron Microbeam Analysis Lab
- Lurie Nanofabricaton Facility
- Michigan Ion Beam Lab
- Reconfigurable Manufacturing ERC
- Wireless Integrated MicroSystems (WIMS)
Medical School Facilities
- Biochemical Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Core
- Biomedical Research Core Facilities
- Cell & Developmental Biology Microscopy & Image Analysis Lab
- Center for Arrhythmia Research
- DNA Sequencing Core
- Flow Cytometry Core
- General Clinical Research Center
- Institutional Review Board
- Protein Structure Facility
- Transgenic Animal Model Core
- Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine
- List of all core laboratories at the University of Michigan