Graduate Student Instructor Positions
These positions may be reduced percentage appointments and students will need a second source of support. GSI responsibilities include:
- Lab or problem solving sessions
- Grading and grading supervision
- Holding office hours
- Attending lectures
- Organizational meetings with faculty
Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) applications are accepted for the fall and winter terms. Current graduate students in the BME Department receive an email application in the term prior to the one in which they would be teaching. The Department Chair, Associate Chair, Class Instructor, and Department Manager make GSI selections..
Selection criteria will include:
- Applicant’s background with the class being taught
- Applicant’s funding status – graduate students who require funding and who have received and offer of financial support from the department are given first priority
- Applicant’s dedication and experience with teaching
- Applicant must be a BME student in good standing and making adequate progress towards degree
- Applicant must possess excellent communication skills
Graduate Student Research Assistant positions
Our faculty decides whom they will hire as Graduate Student Research Assistants (GSRAs). Applicants interested in a GSRA position should contact the faculty members with whom they are interested in working to see if these faculty have positions available.