Graduate Student Instructor Positions
These positions may be reduced percentage appointments and students will need a second source of support. GSI responsibilities include:
- Lab or problem solving sessions
- Grading and grading supervision
- Holding office hours
- Attending lectures
- Organizational meetings with faculty
Graduate Student Instructor Positions for Fall 2016 will be released to current graduate students in March/April. Please check your email for the application and instructions.
Selection criteria will include:
- Applicant's background with the class being taught
- Applicant's funding status - graduate students who require funding and who have received and offer of financial support from the department are given first priority
- Applicant's dedication and experience with teaching
- Applicant must be a BME student in good standing and making adequate progress towards degree
- Applicant must possess excellent communication skills
Graduate Student Research Assistant positions
Our faculty decides whom they will hire as Graduate Student Research Assistants (GSRAs). Applicants interested in a GSRA position should contact the faculty members with whom they are interested in working to see if these faculty have positions available.