Biomedical Engineering at the University of Michigan works closely with industry and business to help improve products and techniques and build relationships with future BME graduates who will be tomorrow’s leaders in biomedical engineering. Partnerships include:
- Wallace H. Coulter Translational Research Partnership: Offers faculty and students the support and guidance to move innovation rapidly from the lab to the clinic.
- Design Program: A sequence of undergraduate and graduate classes that allow students to work closely on sponsored projects helping real companies solve real problems.
- Start-ups: Launched by faculty members based on ideas researched at Michigan.
Our graduates are a special brand of engineer
Michigan BME pairs a great ABET accredited engineering education with experiences that also prepare our students to thrive in a medical setting.
- Laboratory research and instrumentation
- Design process
- Technical communication
- Legal and regulatory issues
Get involved early
Working in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry? Create a pipeline that will keep talented interns and co-op students flowing to your company. We welcome companies that want to build relationships with BME students through:
Find your Future Faculty at Michigan
Michigan Biomedical Engineering produces exceptional PhDs and Postdocs who are prepared for faculty positions.
Explore the College of Engineering Academic PhD site to discover your next Professor. Our candidates offer diverse areas of expertise and are actively pursuing an academic career in the coming year
To register and post your position in our recruiting system, ENGenius.Jobs, click here.