University of Michigan Resources
- After College BME University of Michigan - Job postings for biomedical engineers.
- Engineering Career Resource Center - Walk-in help available for writing/critiquing job materials.
- Michigan Engineering Job Search Resources - Online resources by discipline
- Engineering Careers, by Symplicity - Michigan Engineering online recruiting system.
- CoE workshops - Includes Resume Writing and Critiquing, Recruiter in Residence (industry reps critiquing resumes), Preparing for Career Fair, Behavioral Interviewing, etc.
- Society for Women Engineers Information Sessions - Holds corporate information sessions throughout the semester.
- Taubman Library - holds the Medical Device Register, which lists all the medical device manufacturers in the US with a geographical listing of companies.
- Department of Biomedical Engineering - The Department hosts company events throughout the academic year. Announcements of events are sent to all active biomedical engineering students and post-docs.
Be patient and persevere - Even with good grades, good projects and previous work experience, rejection happens. Set aside your disappointment and try to learn from each experience.
Follow every lead, and don't be afraid to exploit every potential contact. You may find help where you least expect it
You have more experience than you think - Design class and lab experience counts. Just be sure to describe the project in terms of your “customer,” deliverables and conclusion. (Don’t use course numbers).
Know the numbers - Get familiar with salary levels comparable to your education and qualifications.