The SUGS program is open to students in any of the following undergraduate programs:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Industrial and Operations Engineering
- Material Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences
- Senior standing (85+ hours)
- GPA of 3.2 or above (Strictly Enforced)
- Biology 172 or 174, Intro to Biology or AP credit for Biology 195, Intro to Biology
- Chemistry 210, Structure and Reaction
- MCDB 310, BiolChem 415, or Chem 351 (Intro to BiolChem)
GRE scores are not required for admission to the SUGS program but are required for admission to the regular Biomedical Engineering M.S.E. and Ph.D. programs. If a student is seriously considering pursuing a Ph.D., the GRE should be taken during the senior year. This also facilitates applications for major national graduate fellowships from the National Science Foundation, Office of Naval Research, Whitaker Foundation, and others.
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is waived for students who have already taken it.