SUGS Application Deadlines
- Fall term: U.S. & Canadian students apply by July 1, International students apply by June 1
- Winter term: U.S. & Canadian students apply by Nov 1, International students apply by October 1
- Spring term*: U.S. and Canadian students apply by April 1, International students apply by March 1
*Very few courses are offered in the spring. Most students are better served by entering the program in the Fall or Winter terms.
Before you apply:
- Make an appointment with Susan Graeber (firstname.lastname@example.org), Academic Advisor/Counselor, to discuss this program and ensure that it fits your career goals and plans. A student may also be referred to a faculty graduate advisor for further services.
- Fill out the Rackham Graduate School online application. Type “SUGS 01551” in the subplan section.
You’ll need to provide:
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Purpose
- Names and email addresses for 3 three faculty who’ll write letters of recommendation
- $70 application processing fee
General Record Exam (GRE) scores are not required.
Admission is not automatic. Biomedical Engineering faculty will review your application. Your statement of purpose, personal statement, and letters of recommendation are important parts of the admission decision.